Thursday, March 27, 2008

Training Doggies!

Our doggie, Piglet, crying in pain as the stupid crippled neighbor trainer hit him over and over again for not sitting at his command. It makes my head boil just thinking about it. Found this site among my comments in my friendster page this morning: "Dog Training Tips" (http://best-dog-ever.blogspot.com/) by some dude called Nervin. One of the posts enumerates the different way to train a dog. A portion of it says:

"Finally fear training methods should also be considered. This typically involves scaring a dog through shouting, loud noises, throwing objects or other actions which will invoke fear in the dog. This method is not as effective as the other methods and can be more problematic. While there are some trainers who believe in this type of training, many would recommend reward and praise training instead. Fear training may produce the desired result of having a dog perform a desired behavior but the dog will be responding out of fear as opposed to in an effort to please the trainer."


I should print a copy of this post and show it to my dad. And then I'd shove the paper down my stupid neighbor's throat for torturing my doggie.

No comments: