Thursday, May 29, 2008

Happily Ever After

I work in an office of 3. There's my boss, our messenger, and me. Dude, our messenger, has only been in the office for six months. Before him was my boss' girlfriend, lady boss, who was our legal researcher, and before her was my Sempai, The Flash. Lady Boss and The Flash both left for greener pastures but lady boss still has lunch in our office.

Yesterday, Lady Boss told Dude and me to come to the office on Saturday. 'We're eating out' she said. After our boss and LadyBoss left, Dude asked me what was happening on Saturday but we were equally oblivious to the situation. It is not normal for them to be asking us out to eat, 'just because' so that's out of the question. And then Dude forwarded a strange idea, 'Are they getting married?'

I didn't know what to say to this because they weren't really saying anything about it and we certainly didn't know anything about their opinion about the topic. But apparently, they are.

Dude isn't at work today because he was sent to an errand. This afternoon, my Boss suddenly said to a 'customer', I can't buy that today I'm getting married on Saturday. My eyebrows shot in the air but I didn't say anything. What do you say to people who get married? Congratulations? Isn't that word a bit worn out? Hmm...

Anyway, so the wedding and reception is on Saturday. I wonder if something interesting will happen...

No comments: