Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Eye Candies


While I was looking for sites about Ikuta Toma, which are not that many, I sort of stumbled upon a boyband from Japan that had taken more than the usual amount of interest that I care to grant for by bands these days. The name: Arashi.

Honestly, I thought boybands were musically dead. There’s just too much of R&B and Emo music going around for them to squeeze in and the former boybands that I know had already disbanded so imagine my surprise when I found out that Arashi is actually still alive in Japan.

Arashi consists of five members: Satoshi Ohno, Sho Sakurai, Mazaki Aiba, Kazunari Ninomiya, and Matsumoto Jun.

I’m too tired to describe them one by one. I’ll only say that they’re ‘interesting’. Usually when you come across boy bands, all they do is look cute and sing. Arashi, or I think all the boybands in Japan, does that and more… much, much more.

All of them have starred in a lot of movies, tv series, and stage plays. Matsumoto Jun is famous here in the Phils for his portrayal of Domyouji Tsukasa of Hana Yori Dango. Sho Sakurai actually graduated with an Economics Degree from Keio University (an Ivy League University in Japan) and is hosting a news program at night. Kazunari Ninomiya starred in Clint Eastwood’s Letters from Iwo Jima; and their Leader (Riidaa) has recently held an Art exhibit called “Freestyle” featuring his countless sculpted figures, artwork, and photographs.

It’s weird, isn’t it? To have boy band members be that accomplished in their field. Maybe if the Backstreet Boys did more than just look cute they’d still be alive today.


BTW: I like Satoshi Ohno (top left of the pic above) coz he’s weird. If you have new news about him, let me know.

No comments: