Thursday, April 17, 2008

Meet GRRR

I don’t get celphone clans. I think the concept is that you you’re your own chatroom and sign all your friends in it so that when you send a message to one person, everyone receives it and has the chance to respond. My sister, Grrr (when she's mad she literally says "GRRR"), is addicted to it. She said her clanmates are working together in some company or something in Makati so when one of them calls her she can hear the others in the background. My other sister, Friday, is also in her clan. So they speak to each other frequently.

Grrr’s last clan broke up because of her. She had apparently triggered a fight between the members and they ended up abolishing the thing all together. Her new clan is with the ones who sided with her in her argument. Now Grrr stays up until four in the morning talking to her clan. What do they talk about? Nothing really or at least I don’t really hear them talking about anything that’s worth discussing. It’s more like they’re all flirting with each other on the celphone; like having tons of textmates all at once. It’s so adolescent.

Grrr wants me to switch to suncel so I could join them. I would be receiving text messages from her clanmates on a regular basis… and then what? At least give me a goal, like a free celphone if I send out one thousand text messages. Give me that and even if I have to squeeze my brain for something to say to these people I don’t give a bleep to, I’ll participate.

***

You are now reading the work of a proud owner of a brand new Student Driver’s License! Tat-ta-dada!!

I got it two days ago after falling in line and waiting for my name to be broadcasted repeatedly world wide in humongous speakers for three hours. I would’ve applied for a license but I think you need a student’s license first before you get a real license then there’s that one month waiting for you to get a Non-Professional Driver’s License.

Now, do I know how to drive? No. Do I own a car? No. Then why in the hell would I apply for a driver’s license?! Well, that is a very good question and someday I will get to answer it but right now I still have to wait 28 days before I get a real License and the clock is ticking very slowly.

No comments: